Friday, May 6, 2011

Still here, just in limbo...

Reno limbo, that is. That's right, our little "kitchen project" has turned into a 5-month long nightmare that doesn't appear to have an end in sight. See, the hubs has been extra-busy at work and traveling more than usual, which cuts back on weekend renovation time. And, since he refuses to pay anyone to help us out, we're still in sawdust-everywhere-disaster-zone hell.

At least the weather is getting better, but then there's our backyard that he dug up in the fall with the intention of planting new grass in the Spring. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen for a while, either :/ In related news, our wonderful new neighbors now hate us.

Despite everything, I've managed to hold on to a few shreds of sanity. But it's wearing very, very thin. Thank goodness for in-laws that take the boy every once in a while, even if they do stuff his little face with way too much candy. If not for them, I wouldn't have even got this wee post in. So at least I have that.

I've been itching to get some posts up - I've got some good stories I haven't gotten around to writing - and I want to get them out before I forget in my old age!

Anyway, I'll do my best to pop in a bit more often, hopefully once I get my living space back & can actually sit down without becoming covered in dust, plaster or paint...

6 comments:

Ms. G said...

Ah, There you are! That's ok I've just been sitting right here waiting : )

Hope life gets back to normal soon!
I would like to hear those stories.

Bibliomama said...

Renovations SUCK. Fortunately Grounded Mom and I have the world's longest game of double solitaire going on here...take your time.

Mrs. Tuna said...

I've wondered where you've been hiding.

Anonymous said...

I missed you!!!! Also renos suck!

Alexandra said...

Just checking in, sweetie.

Thinking of you.

xo

Tara said...

I just poured myself a coffee from the pot that is sitting on the floor of the...playroom! Aghh! Here's to husbands who finish kitchens and take their wives on post-reno holidays! Right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails